How to Repair Spool Valves
Maximator® dry air spools (DAS) can be used for liquid pumps, gas boosters, and air amplifiers. They are suitable for dry air, nitrogen, and other severe operating conditions (e.g., air dew point below 0° F and ambient temperature below 0° F). The following article covers how to repair and lubricate the spool valve.
- Spool tool remover – Sold by Maxpro
- Hammer or mallet
- Repair kit- Includes O-rings and a snap ring
- Grease – We recommend Kluber Lube, Polylub GA 352 P High Temperature Grease. This grease has good long term adhesion and water resistance.
Overview of the Spool Valve Repair & Lubrication Process
- Loosen four cap screws that hold the spool housing to the end cap to release any air trapped in the spool valve.
- Remove the snap ring from the spool valve housing.
- With a long screw driver or wooden dowel, from the ½” FNPT side of the housing, push out the spool plug and spool from the housing.
- Clean the spool and bore of the housing sleeve. Check the O-rings for wear and the spool sleeve for scratches. Replace if necessary.
- Put a light coat of grease on the O-rings and in the bore of the spool sleeve.
- Insert the spool into the spool sleeve, small side first, gently moving the spool from side to side with very little pressure on the end of the spool. DO NOT FORCE. The O-rings fit loosely on the spool and can be cut if they are forced in.
- Install the spool plug and snap ring, then tighten the four cap screws that hold the housing to the end cap.
Spool Valve Installation and Repair Services at MAXPRO
At MAXPRO Technologies, we stand behind our line of quality high-pressure products with after-the-sale support. Our after-the-sale services include testing, evaluation, inspection, cleaning, and repair by factory trained technicians.
Need assistance repairing or rebuilding your dry air spool? Contact us today. We provide quick and quality solutions at a competitive price. To learn more about our in-house and field repair services, contact us today. For pricing details, request a quote.