Since 2011, MAXPRO® has been building patented, state-of-the art coning and threading machines for seamless, cold drawn, austenitic stainless steel tubing. In early 2021, we introduced our newest coning and threading machine capable of handling 1-½” medium pressure tubing. Model #MTCAT-1.5 Coning & Threading Machine is the first in the industry to offer coning and threading of 1-½” medium-pressure tubing.
Why Choose a Coning and Threading Machine?
- Speed: Coning and threading machines can produce threads much faster than doing it by hand. This can save a significant amount of time, especially if you need to thread a lot of tubes.
- Accuracy: Coning and threading machines can produce threads that are very accurate, both in terms of the thread pitch and the thread depth. This is important for ensuring that the threads are properly engaged and that the joint is leak-free.
- Repeatability: Coning and threading machines can produce threads that are repeatable, meaning that each thread will be the same as the last. This is important for ensuring that the joints are consistent and reliable.
- Ease of use: Coning and threading machines are relatively easy to use, even for operators with limited experience. This makes them a good choice for businesses that need to thread a lot of tubes but don’t have a lot of skilled labor available.
- Safety: Coning and threading machines can be used safely, as long as they are properly operated and maintained. This is important for preventing accidents and injuries.
Coning and Threading Machines Key Features
- Automatic thread length setting: This feature saves time and ensures that the threads are always the correct length.
- Coolant delivery: This feature helps to keep the cutting tools cool and prevents them from overheating.
- Chip ejection: This feature removes chips from the work area, preventing them from clogging the cutting tools.
- Safety features: Coning and threading machines typically have a number of safety features, such as guards and interlocks, to prevent accidents.
- Thread cutting head: This is the part of the machine that does the actual cutting of the threads. It is typically made of hardened steel and has a variety of cutting tools that can be changed to accommodate different thread sizes and pitches.
- Carriage: The carriage is the part of the machine that moves the thread cutting head along the tube. It is typically powered by a hydraulic or electric motor.
- Workpiece holder: The workpiece holder is the part of the machine that holds the tube in place while the threads are being cut. It is typically made of cast iron or steel and has a variety of clamping mechanisms to secure the tube in place.
- Control panel: The control panel is where the operator controls the machine. It typically includes a variety of buttons and switches for controlling the speed, feed rate, and coolant flow.
MTCAT Series Coning and Threading Machines
- MTCAT: Quickly cones and threads 1/4”, 3/8”, 9/16”, 3/4” and 1” Medium Pressure and 1/4”, 3/8” Tubing US PATENT 9,015,915, CE Mark
- MTCAT-1.5: The only Coning & Threading Machine on the market that quickly cones and threads all MTCAT tubing sizes plus 1-1/2” Medium Pressure Tubing. CE Mark & Patent Pending
MTCAT & MTCAT-1.5 Features
Model #MTCAT and MTCAT-1.5 coning and threading machines are both easy to operate and consistently produce high-quality results. The new MTCAT-1.5 brings these same benefits to the coning and threading of 1-½” outer diameter (OD) medium-pressure tubing. Both coning and threading machines share many quality features including:
MAXPRO semi-automated machines offer fast and reliable operation, quick set-up times, and improved efficiency. Both machines perform the coning and threading procedures by fixturing the tube once, eliminating extra set-up and downtime between each process. The die head automatically resets after it retracts from threading and is immediately ready for the next tube.
Ease of Use
Both machines use a selector knob to automatically set thread length based on the tubing size. This simplifies the threading process. After brief training for the operator, our machines are ready to use.
Both Model #MTCAT and Model MTCAT-1.5 are available in left-hand thread and right-hand thread versions. Pre-bent tubes do not present a challenge as the tube does not rotate during the coning and threading process.
Both Maxpro coning and threading machines feature hardened blades made from durable, high-quality tool steel. These blades are capable of achieving precise results with a clean surface finish over hundreds of tubes.
Both machines feature fully enclosed plexiglass shields designed to minimize pinch points and protect the operator from metal chips and oil.
Our coning and threading machines filter out the cutting oil before returning it to the reservoir and chip collection bucket, minimizing the risk of leaks and spills. It also features a locking lid for mess-free shipping and simple clean-up after production.
Simple Operating Instructions
Both MAXPRO coning and threading machines allow for single-ended operation through the entire process. We provide clear and easy to understand operating instructions and are here to answer any questions you may have.