Industries like manufacturing, metalworking, and petroleum processing have successfully utilized hydrogen in their applications for years. However, other industries are now finding a use for hydrogen as part of fuel cells for vehicles, making it important to have high-pressure hydrogen solutions to meet these new alternative energy needs, and to do so safely. MAXPRO® Technologies Inc. draws from over 25 years of experience in high-pressure solutions to provide durable valves, fittings, and tubing that can handle highly reactive hydrogen. Learn more about our available products.
Common Hydrogen Applications
Hydrogen has found uses in a broad spectrum of industries for applications including:
- Aerospace. In its liquid form, hydrogen has served as fuel for engines and other equipment used in both space exploration and aviation.
- Agriculture. Hydrogen is applicable for fertilizer production as it is a vital raw material for creating ammonia.
- Automotive. Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, or FCVs, harness alternative power from this chemical element. Companies that produce personal-use vehicles, public transportation conveyances like trains and buses, and more are considering hydrogen fuel.
- Electronics. When producing electronic items like semiconductors, hydrogen is helpful in etching.
- Food production. Hydrogen is useful for the production of vegetable oil as it carries out the hydrogenation of unsaturated fatty acids, producing saturated fats and oils in consumables like butter.
- Glass production. Hydrogen has the capability to purify glass and, when mixed with nitrogen, can also safeguard against oxidation.
- Metalworking. Hydrogen is a common element in welding, heat-treating, and annealing processes for metals.
- Petroleum. This industry utilizes hydrogen in refining processes. Hydrocracking generates products like gasoline and methanol, which it achieves by removing sulphur and other impurities.
- Pharmaceuticals. Hydrogen aids in the production of vitamins as well as other pharmaceutical goods.
- Power generation. In power plant applications, hydrogen can act as a generator coolant as well as a stabilizer for electrical grids.
Products for Hydrogen Fueling Stations
Given the number of industries using hydrogen in fuel cells, particularly where hydrogen-fueled vehicles are concerned, there’s a growing need for developing an infrastructure for hydrogen fueling. To achieve this, industries are working to establish regulations and standards to guarantee the safe use of this alternative fuel and its energy systems and components. Hydrogen fueling stations require zero leak high-pressure valves, fittings, and tubing. MAXPRO provides components users can trust for critical tasks.
Valves for Hydrogen Applications are crucial elements in safely managing gaseous hydrogen flow in hydrogen fueling stations. Maximator is an ISO certified manufacturer of quality products including:
High-pressure fittings act as connectors for vital components within high-pressure fueling systems that involve hydrogen. ISO-certified Maximator offers zero leak high-pressure fittings in the following available varieties:
High-pressure tubing is also an important part of a high-pressure hydrogen fueling system. At MAXPRO, our tubing comes in various lengths and diameters, withstands extreme temperatures, and exceeds the required psi pressure ratings for these components.
Pressure Testing Products
MAXPRO’s offerings for pressure-testing components include:
- High-pressure gas boosters and package systems. MAXPRO’s simple, economical Maximator® high-pressure gas boosters and package systems are well suited for the oil-free compression of hydrogen gas. These air-driven hydrogen boosters and booster package systems are ideal for tasks with lower flow rate needs at a range of pressures, and they assist in pressure intensification, recirculation, and scavenging.
- Liquid pumping systems. Our liquid pumping systems are ideal for increasing hydraulic pressure and aiding testing processes. We have various standard and custom options, including power cubes, power packs, test carts, pump skids, test benches, and economic power cubes, to fit an application’s needed size, pressure rating, and more.
Trusted Products From MAXPRO Technologies
At MAXPRO, we provide high-quality, consistently reliable products for safe hydrogen fueling stations. Our team can help you choose or customize components to meet your unique requirements. Contact us to learn how we can help support your business, or request a quote today to begin your project.