MAXIMATOR high pressure valves are designed to safely operate at pressures of 15,500 psi for a 1-½” medium pressure valve up to 101,000 psi for an Ultra-High Pressure Valve. High pressure valves are used to regulate flow in various fluid handling operations across a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, military, and mining industries. Selecting the best, high pressure valve for your application is crucial.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a high pressure valve. Below, we highlight some key factors to consider when choosing the right high pressure valve for your application.
Factors to Consider When Evaluating Your High Pressure Valve Needs
Important factors to consider when evaluating whether a particular high pressure valve is right for your fluid handling application include:
- Process medium: The valve should be able to handle the process medium, whether it is in gas, liquid, or steam form, inert, abrasive, or corrosive, and hot or cold.
- Pressure rating: It should be rated to handle the range of pressures expected in operation. Consider upstream and downstream pressure for the maximum, normal, and minimum flow rates.
- Temperature: The valve should be rated to handle process medium temperatures.
- Flow rate: A high pressure valve should be properly sized to ensure it has the proper flow rate capacity.
- Connection type and size: It should have a connection type and size that fits the inlet/outlet piping.
- Valve style: Do you need a manual valve or an air actuated valve? If air operated, should the valve be air-to-open (normally closed) or air-to-close (normally open)?
- Construction material: A high pressure valve should be constructed of material that can withstand the process medium and operating conditions (temperature, pressure, flow, etc.). For example, stainless steel is suitable for fluid handling operations involving corrosive materials.
- Application: It should be appropriate for implementation in the system.
High-Pressure Valve Solutions at MAXPRO®
At MAXPRO® Technologies, our MAXIMATOR® line encompasses a range of manual and air-actuated valves. Key features include:
- Non-rotating, rising stem design
- 316 stainless steel wetted parts with 17-4 PH stainless steel stem
- Metal-to-metal seating for bubble-tight shut-off
- Optional reversible and replaceable valve seat is available
Combined, these features result in durable and long-lasting valve solutions for repeated open and close cycle operations. Our air-actuated valves come with a piston-style air actuator that is normally closed or normally open. This design offers even better operation and service life. Additionally, mounting the actuator on a yoke keeps it separated from the process fluids, which helps with stem position indication and stem replacement.
Our MAXIMATOR® line includes:
- Medium-pressure needle valves: rated to 22,500 psi and available in 1/4″, 3/8″, 9/16″ 3/4″, and 1″ connection sizes. 1-½” valves are rated to 15,500 psi
- High-pressure needle valves: rated to 65,000 psi and available in 1/4″, 3/8″, and 9/16″ connection sizes
- Ultra-high-pressure valves: rated to 101,000 psi and available in 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, and 9/16″ connection sizes
Both our medium-pressure and high-pressure valves are available with six body patterns:
- 2-way straight
- 2-way angle
- 2-way angle with replaceable seat
- 3-way/2-stem manifold
Contact the High Pressure Equipment Experts at MAXPRO Today
Need high pressure valves for your fluid handling operations? Turn to the equipment experts at MAXPRO®! We stock a broad selection of quality valves, fittings, and tubing for many high pressure applications. For more information about our MAXIMATOR high pressure valves, fittings and tubing , contact us today or request a quote.